daisy

Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Chocolate...My Inspriation

The fantastic dessert cafe that inspired this blog is called The Chocolate. Its is located in Orem, Utah. From the outside, the cafe looks like an older, charming home. Once inside, you are overwhelmed by the mouth watering smells of chocolate, sugar, and baking! Each display is filled with cakes, brownies, tarts, cupcakes, and lemon bars. Its almost impossible to choose what you want...you really would like it all. Because of the line forming behind me, I decided on the mint brownie and a caramel turtle. While they dished up my delectable treats, my husband and I explored the two-level cafe. Every room was filled with tables with fresh flowers on them, chairs, and couches. Some rooms were more secluded than others. Every room was painted a different color with a black trim. Each floor had an ice water pitcher and glass cups available, which I made great use of! The place is darling!

Once we picked a table, almost immediately a girl came to deliver our plate. The chocolate brownie was rich and smooth. The Caramel Turtle has a crunchy base with chocolate frosting on top. That one was my favorite....which is saying a lot with how much I LOVE brownies! We sat and enjoyed the little cafe and its ambiance. Everyone was enjoying their desserts and the company they were with. Even the music fit their unique place with songs by Imogen Heap and other similar singers.

On the way out the door we noticed the Dottie and the Cherub. The Dottie is a pineapple coconut cake and the cherub is a chocolate lovers cake, and thus....we will be back!
I love The Chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment